Philoptochos - Meetings and Events
September 2019 - May 2020
- Sunday, September 15 -- Pass second tray to benefit Hellenic College Holy Cross School of Theology
- Tuesday, September 17, 6:30 p.m. -- Meet n' Eat at Juliana Pizza. RSVP required, call the office at 704-708-4669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Entree options: Salad topped with grilled chicken or personal pizza. Cost to attend is $25.
- Tuesday, October 1, 9:30 a.m. -- Kourembiethes baking for Holiday Bake Sale
- Wednesday, October 2, 10:00 a.m. -- Sip n' See at Women's Bible Study
- Thursday, October 10, 5:15 p.m. -- Sip n' See at Young at Heart
- Sunday, October 13 -- Holiday Bake Sale pre-orders begin
- Tuesday, October 22, 10:00 a.m. -- Koulourakia baking for Holiday Bake Sale
- Friday, November 1, 7:00 p.m. -- Host spagetti dinner for JOY/HOPE First Friday and service project filling snack packs for St. Peter's Soup Kitchen.
- Sunday, November 3 -- Pass second tray to benefit the Ecumenical Patriarchate
- Friday, November 8, 8:30 p.m. -- Host Vespers Reception for St. Nektarios Feast Day Celebration
- Wednesday, November 13, 5:30 p.m. -- Ladies on the Go event at Ruth's Christ Steakhouse. Meet for Happy Hour and dinner.
- Sunday, November 24, 12:00 p.m. -- Holdiay Bake Sale pick-up for all pre-orders received by November 17th. Bake Sale -- first come, first serve. Deck the Hall Party to prepare the Fellowship Hall for the Holidays and our annual Opera Carolina Holiday Concert.
- Saturday, December 7, 11:00 a.m. -- Annual Christmas Brunch at Piper Glen Country Club. Fashion show featuring Mainstream Boutique. Centerpiece and Wreath Contest and Silent Auction. Door prizes and raffle prizes. All proceeds benefit Shelter Health Services of the Salvation Army Center of Hope Women and Children Shelter. RSVP required, $50 per adult, $30 per child.
- Sunday, December 15, 12:00 p.m. -- Holiday Bake Sale pick-up for all pre-orders received by December 8th. Bake Sale and Vasilopita Sale -- first come, first serve.
- Wednesday, January 1 -- Vasilopita cutting following the Divine Liturgy celebrating the Circumcision of Christ and St. Basil feast day.
- Sunday, January 5 -- Pass second Tray to benefit St. Basil Academy
- Sunday, January 26 -- Membership Tea
- Sunday, February 9 -- Pass second tray to benefit Metropolis of Atlanta Clergy Education Fund
- Thursday, February 27, 6:30 p.m. -- General meeting
- Sunday, March 8 -- Pass second tray to benefit Shelter Health Services waiting room maintenance fund
- Sunday, March 22 -- Pass second tray and Loukoumades Sale during Coffee Hour to benefit Hellenic College Holy Cross School of Theology.
- Thursday, March 26, 6:30 p.m. -- Service project making sandwiches for St. Peter's Soup Kitchen
- Friday-Sunday, March 27-29 -- Metropolis of Atlanta Philoptochos Lenten Retreat at the Diakonia Retreat Center in Salem, SC.
- Saturday, April 11 -- Make palm crosses
- Sunday, April 12 -- Host Palm Sunday Luncheon
- Tuesday, April 14, 9:00 a.m. -- Pascha Egg Dying
- Friday, April 17, 11:00 a.m. -- Decorating the Kouvouklion
- Thursday, May 28, 6:30 p.m. -- Fianl meeting of the ecclesiastical year